ADOPT A HORSE FOR A WEEK & EXPERIENCE THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE HORSE.
Children will see how horses live as a herd, learning about their habitat and survival instincts. Children will see first hand the love, compassion, and forgiveness horses offer. Each day they will learn and experience something new, while learning the valuable responsibilities of taking care of a horse, equine safety, and riding with confidence.
CALL NOW TO MAKE RESERVATIONS!
Call now to make reservations: 615-268-9960Contact
Campers will need to bring 2 snacks, 1 lunch, & lots of water each day. We suggest sun screen as well. For safety, we also request a list of allergies or any other medical needs. Campers need to wear closed-toe shoes. Riding helmets are provided.
Summer Camp Details:
June 11-15 - ( Camp hours 9:00-4:00 ) Early drop off 8:00-Late pick up 5:00 for a extra 10.00 fee each day. June 18-22 - " " June 25-29- " "
July 9-13-" " July 16-20-" " July 23-27- " "
$300.00 per week. Early bird discount-$250.00 register before May 1st.
Due to planning and limited space, we are not able to provide refunds for summer camp.
Each day campers will learn:
- Natural Horsemanship - how to work with the horse through communication, knowledge and psychology, rather than through force, fear, and intimidation.
- How to be safe around the horse and how to have a horse respect them and their space. How to care for the horses needs - Making sure they have water, grain and hay & cleanup at the end of the day.
- How to groom, provide hoof care, and bathe a horse.
- How to tack-up a horse properly, including cleaning a saddle and proper tack storage.
- Ground work in a 60 ft. round pen using a lead-line and halter.
- Balance and control at a walk ,trot, and when backing up.
- How to maneuver through western patterns and obstacles.